Sunday, January 28, 2007

Rafting the River Nile

Yesterday, 3 of my teammates and I, along with a vacationing Austrian, a Canadian doing ministry in Kenya, a girl from Sweden who is traveling all around East Africa, and our Ugandan guide, took on the Nile River in a raft! It was incredible! I have to admit that quite frequently throughout the day the river won the battles and caused our raft to flip, but it was still an incredible adventure! We were on the river all day long - drifting along lazily at times and crashing through rapids the rest of the time. We went through 12 rapids - five grade 5s, three grade 4s, three grade 3s, and a grade 2. I am now tired, sore, and sunburned (and yes, I put on sunscreen - lots of it) but it was worth it!
(Me, Kimberly, Becca, and Laurie getting ready for a day of adventure!)


(Tired, but happy, after all day on the river!)


(This is our rafting team! Sarah, Laurie, Alex, Me, Kimberly, Becca, Franz, Wade)


Here are some views of the Nile from our campsite that night. I am still in awe of its beauty and power! Praise God for giving us such an incredible gift!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So... I really want to come to Africa and have adventures with you! How long does it take / how much does it cost to fly to Uganda?