Friday, January 26, 2007

S'MORES!

I love s'mores. I even have my own personal s'mores maker back in the States so that I can have them anytime I want, even if there isn't a campfire handy. When my parents visited in December, they brought real American marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey's chocolate. The original idea was that a group of us would go camping up by a waterfall and roast marshmallows for s'mores over a campfire. Well, the camping never happened and up until a few days ago, the marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate remained untouched in our pantry. My lovely housemates and I were sitting around by candlelight after dinner playing with the candle flames (power off nights often lead to playing with fire), when we were reminded of the wonderful s'mores fixin's waiting untouched in the pantry. In a rush of excitement, the fixin's were on the table, skewers left over from a cookout were found, and the marshmallow roasting had begun! Candle-roasted s'mores don't quite measure up to real campfire-roasted ones, but they were still very good and we sure did have fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me smile!
Love you lots,
Mom