Thursday, February 01, 2007

We're Painting our Kitchen!

Since we arrived here in August, our kitchen has been white, all white. While white is clean, and there is nothing at all wrong with it, we have been longing for color for some time. We even bought paint in November and hadn't done anything with it. So, a few weeks ago we decided to do something about it and add a little life to our kitchen. A hand towel that Jennifer brought with her inspired the colors and pattern and we all thought it was really fun. I love painting. I love getting messy and not caring. And I love the final product!

5 comments:

Don Box said...

I think God for calling you and the others to bring His wonderful light and color to share with Uganda, including paint for the kitchen! I am enjoying your blog accounts of the Nile rafting trip and the Christmas visit of your parents Dave and Neina. I hope to see you in March when I join Ron, Marilyn, Dwayne and Debbie in our trip to several African countries. Love Don Box

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Wow! The room looks awesome! When you get back, maybe you can help me think of something fun to paint the kids' rooms... they are a little bland

Cheryl said...

I'm totally impressed. Those circles are really cute and a great touch to the kitchen! Well done!

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors. It really brightens up the kitchen. Tell the girls hello and give them all a hug from me.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Love it, LOVE it!! Always the artist...always beautiful work! I just love hearing about everything and looking at your pictures. It makes me feel closer to you and not miss you QUITE so badly :) Such a talent God has given you, and what an amazing thing to be able to use it; in Africa no less!