Monday, July 02, 2007

My First Last

Sunday was the beginning of several lasts that I will be experiencing over the next month. (For those of you that don’t know, I will be arriving back in Fort Worth on August 14.) This is sure to be a very bittersweet month for me. While I am looking forward to seeing the wonderful friends and family that I have missed this past year, it is going to be very hard to say goodbye to the friends and family that I have made here.

This past Sunday was my last time to teach the kids at Mbale Church of Christ. I will be with them one more time as a helper before I leave, but this was my last time to be their teacher. These kids will always have a special place in my heart. There were many times that it was difficult teaching because the kids didn’t always understand me and our classroom was often chaos, but you just can’t help but love these kids. They have been such a blessing to my life and I will always treasure the time I have had with them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great SMILES! I know you have touched their hearts as much as they have touched yours. What a blessing!